SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #2825

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Fri Dec 1 12:50:20 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote in respoinse to Magdalena

> > And the waitress likes us - she gave us the crust from the
> bottom of the rice
> > pot :)
>
> Kateh! Cool!
<snip>
> I've
> actually seen recipes for this, more or less cheat versions that are
> specifically made as kateh, rather than as a by-product of
> cooking pilau.

I've always known this as Tah Dig (Yumm!) and my fairly comprehensive
persian cookbook (New Food of Life) says to make it by adding yoghurt to the
first layer of rice in the pot when you're making pilau anyway.  You're
right, Magdalena the waitress must really like you, this is a special treat.

Eden - who loves persian cooking & finds that spending an hour or so sorting
& washing rice properly to get perfect persian rice is a very soothing
process :->

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com