SC - RE: chocolate cream - 1604 Or it is?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Dec 4 05:51:30 PST 2000

I don't have the book in front of me, so I can't answer, but as I was the one
who jumped up and down for joy, I understand what you're saying.  However, even
1647 wouldn't be too bad if I'm cooking an Elizabethan feast...and I certainly
wouldn't do it for anything any earlier.  After all, a lot of the recipes
commonly used in the SCA are from Digby, which antedates 1600 by quite a
bit...don't remember the exact time.  At any rate, as I said, I understand what
you're saying, and, if I used the recipe, it would be only under very special
circumstances.

Kiri