SC - chocolate cream - 1604

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Dec 5 03:46:44 PST 2000

OK, so all of you have made your point.  I'll be a good girl and not tempt
fate.  No, I can't prove when the recipe was created, one way or the
other....and I doubt anyone else can either.  However, given the basic history
of the use of chocolate (used early--late 16th/early17th c's--more as a savory
than as a sweet), I suspect, as obviously most of the rest of you do as well,
that the recipe would be one of the later ones.  I just got really excited at
the possibility!

Kiri