SC - GOod book for anyone goingto Europe

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 14:24:23 PST 2000

One of the best books we had for finding the not qutie
so touristy out of the way places while we were in
Europe was Rick Steve's Europe THrough the Back
DOor.He has a PBS show and I WANT HIS JOB. I believe
he has a web site as well. But he does a new version
every few years. For us, the book was a christmas gift
from a friend who had spent considerable time in
Europe, and wanted us to be able to find some of the
more out of the way places that make your trip more
special.
Also,
If you are going to be going anywhere that  you don't
speak the language, get those little Berlitz _____ for
travelers. (fill what ever language you want into the
blank) are wonderful. They have the phrases right
across from each other on the page, the sections are
color coded and it will fit in a fanny pack or small
bag with no problem, even a big pocket. They are about
5-6 dollars a piece and are worth it.
I hope all of you going to Europe for the holidays
have a great time.
Nisha

Although I lived in the UK twenty-something years ago,
I don't remember
what's there or how it has changed.  Any
recommendations as to shops or
historical sites that are a "must see" would also be
appreciated.