SC - period frog recipes?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Dec 8 09:38:10 PST 2000

At 8:33 AM -0500 12/8/00, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

>Sorry, the Powers translation leaves out the recipe, IIRC, and just
>mentions the part about catching them with a red rag. Which is peculiar
>since I suspect, worldwide, more people are interested in eating frog's
>legs than are interested in catching them, butchering them, and eating
>them.

As best I recall, the Powers translation leaves out large chunks of
the recipe section without any sign it is doing so. That is a good
reason to prefer Janet Hinson's translation--a nice case of the best
work having been done by an SCA person in an SCA context.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/