SC - Chef!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 8 19:21:07 PST 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> I have to admit I once broke a nail (acrylic) while preparing
> Thanksgiving dinner. We never found it and I suspect that it happened
> while I was cleaning the sink drain, but still- I held my breath for
> much of the meal...
>
> Superman, huh? Not a Snoopy Boo-Boo Strip?
>
> 'Lainie

Sorry, hit the send key before adding this little snippet.

Many years ago, I was working to repair a dimmer board in the
stained-glass ceiling of an old New York restaurant called Maxwell's
Plum (I've mentioned this place before).

There I am, crawling through various shafts and ducts (nobody better say
a word!), and I hear the following drift my way from the kitchen:

"Aw, BLEEP!!!"
"What's the matter???"
"I just expletive deleted cut the end of my expletive deleted finger off!"
[sounding interested] "Oh, yeah? Where?"
"I lost it somewhere in the salad!"
"Well, you have an hour to find it and get it outta there."

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com