SC - Outremer Fried Chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Dec 16 12:07:43 PST 2000

At 7:21 AM +1000 11/14/00, Craig Jones. wrote:

>I've come across a reference in a feast plan (not mine) for 'Outremer Fried
>Chicken'.  Is this a period recipe I haven't come across before, or is it some
>less authentic.  Anyone help out here?
>
>Drakey.

I would guess something less authentic, but we have a recipe in the
Miscellany which is from the 13th-c. anonymous Andalusian cookbook,
which we have called "Andalusian chicken" or "Andalusian fried
chicken" because the original name is just "Another Dish". So someone
could be renaming this recipe or doing something similar to what we
did. If you really want to know, I suggest you find whoever wrote the
feast plan and ask.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook (about a month behind on the list and falling
behind rapidly)