SC - clary

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Wed Dec 20 06:54:52 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 20 Dec 00, , that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I'd still like to see Vicente's clary recipe and redaction. I don't think
> he said it was non-alcoholic. That was just my assumption from assuming
> it was one of the 'egg' beverages.

It is non-alcoholic.  Clarea is a spiced wine, sweetened with honey.
 Clarea de Agua substitutes water for the wine.  My translation is in
the Florilegium, in the file
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beverages-NA-
msg.html

Search for "clarea" on that page -- I did not translate the name as
clary.

I, too, would love to see Vincente's redaction for this recipe, as I
have never been able to make clarea de aqua that was palatable.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net