SC - Seville oranges- the first experiement

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 18:47:08 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/19/00 11:28:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sfpoong at earthlink.net writes:

<< I have the bitterest oranges in my backyard. Maybe their Seville in
 disguise!
 Beatrice >>

Well, my Lady wife and I were off to the kitchen tonight to play with the
Seville Oranges. Since we had a case of them (72) we decided to not do period
for the first project but , rather, to make a modern marmilade as last minute
X-mas presents.

The oranges  tasted somewhat of grapefruit with  some lemon in it. The
fragrance was absolutely heavenly and intensely of orange. Wonderful stuff! I
suspect that we will forever be disappointed if we ever have to use a
substitute for the real thing. They truly are unique.

The minced/shredded peel, pulp and pips are  soaking in their 24 hour bath of
cold water. Will  let you know  more as the project progresses.

Ras