SC - Grains of Paradise (was: Clarea redaction)

Angus angus at iamawitch.com
Mon Dec 25 05:36:00 PST 2000

>They are a cardamom relative, but not an especially close relative of
>the usual little green or whitish pods used today in Indian, Middle
>Eastern. and Scandinavian cookery.

Does anyone have a Scandinavian recipe where GoP is used?  I've never seen one but most of my mundane cookbooks are Swedish with very few Norwegian/Danish/Finnish/Icelandic recipes in them.

>I understand they turn up as a common flavoring ingredient for some
>types of gin, IIRC.
>
>Adamantius

Bombay Sapphire is the one I know of, might be more though.

/Angus.

==
There comes a time in every man's life when he must feel tempted to spit in his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.
   --H.L. Mencken