SC - Worcestershire sauce, was Re: Bubble and Squeak (OOP) Was Re: SC - Boxing Day Recipes?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 21:17:03 PST 2000

Well, i rarely drink alcohol, but i discovered that i like to drink
Bloody Mary mix - all the stuff without the vodka. I especially like
the brand called Snap-E-Tom. It's tomato juice, which i hate, with
jalapeno chili puree and onion puree. The only way i can be made to
drink plain tomato juice is with an *extremely* liberal dose of
Worcestershire sauce in it - Lea and Perrins, of course.

  I was surprised to discover that there are some other brands of
Worcestershire sauce, but i think L&P is the best. Since my daughter
is a vegetarian and some otherwise vegetarian recipes call for
Worcestershire sauce, i've found some vegetarian versions, but they
aren't as tangy as L&P. It's the anchovies, man.

I grew up putting Worcestershire sauce on some prime steaks (sorry
about the sacrilege). But that HP stuff is just too sweet.

I have had a one pound box of sugar in my kitchen for around 5 years
- - it isn't full anymore, but there's still a fair amount in there.

It's so strange. For the feast next Sunday i just bought THIRTY
pounds of sugar! Ten are for the cider sauce, then there are the
cookies (Excellent small cakes), ten each of two kinds of pies, and
general seasoning.

Anahita
i'm so sweet i don't need to eat sugar...
yeah...
right...