SC - way OOP chocolate kugel

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Dec 3 09:08:48 PST 2000

Not period but it's unbelievable so I had to share. (got it off my Jewish
list)
Phillipa

                             CHOCOLATE KUGEL

1/2  lb medium regular or chocolate noodles
3 eggs
3/4  c  sugar
1 pt  sour cream (or vanilla yogurt)
1/2  lb  cottage cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/4  c  butter or margarine, butter is better
3/4  c  chocolate chips
cornflake crumbs

Boil noodles and drain in cold water. In bowl, beat together eggs and sugar.
Then add cottage cheese, sour cream and vanilla. Melt butter and use 1/2 in
the mixture; (save the rest). Fold in the noodles and chips to the mixture.
In 9x13 inch pan put rest of the melted butter on the bottom and sprinkle
corn flakes over the butter. Fold in the noodle mix. Bake at 350 for one
hour or until brown.

Note:  Can use fat free cottage cheese and lowfat sourcream and it takes
just as good!