SC - Period fried foody

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Dec 3 18:26:15 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 3 Dec 00, , that Jenne Heise wrote:

> Well, we do know that they WERE used for frying. The question is, were
> they used for deep frying?

The last time this topic came up on the list, I post a recipe from
Nola for deep-fried cheese fritters.  The recipe clearly says to fill a
casserole with enough pork grease or oil that the fritters are floating
in the fat.  This is an unusual recipe, however, and most of the
other fritter recipes seems to be shallow-fried in a frying-pan

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net