SC - Chocolate

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 5 10:53:35 PST 2000

I love chocolate. I am a chocoholic. Dark only and bittersweet - milk
chocolate is right out.

BUT

What's the big deal with chocolate in the SCA? Seriously now, does
anyone *really* have to eat chocolate 365 days per year? Can't people
survive for a few weekends without it? If i go to one event per
month, that's about 24 days out of the year - there are still 341
days to eat chocolate in! If i go camping twice a month, which isn't
really practicable most places, but just hypothetically, that's 52
days potentially without chocolate - but i still have 313 days to eat
it in.

Yes, i am interested in the history of chocolate. Yes, i have a copy
of that close to period recipe for hot chocolate and found some
chocolate nibs at the health food store, which i'll have to wait
until next year to experiment with. Yes, i appreciate the probably
OOP chocolate cream recipe and the definitely OOP chocolate keugel
and other delicious chocolate recipes listees have posted.

But i still fail to see what's the big deal.

Anahita al-shazhiyya