SC - Spotted Dick/Spotted Dog (now steamed puddings)

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Wed Dec 6 00:08:44 PST 2000

Olwen asked:
>  Anyone have any other good steamed pudding recipes?
and Gwynydd responded:
> Oh, I have plenty (I collect 50s cookbooks in a non-official sort of way)!
> Any preferences for type or whatever, otherwise I could find myself doing a
> LOT of typing!

If you have a good recipe for a heavyish sticky steamed ginger
pudding, I've been looking for one for a while - I have affectionate
memories of making them in school cookery classes when I was a
starving boarder.  Definitely comfort food!

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant/stidings.htm