SC - Holidays

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Thu Dec 7 00:29:33 PST 2000

Hello!  I agree the Jorvik Viking Museum was pretty bad -- especially the
ride in odorama past second-rate dioramas with canned sound-tracks.

I believe the original poster asked about books...

A short walk from Yorkminster Cathedral is a very nice bookstore where I
found "The Appetite & the Eye" and other books in the Food and Society
series.

In some English Heritage sites you can also find a collection of small
cookbooks put out by E.H., entitled Food & Cooking in... (Roman Britain,
16th century, prehistoric Britain, etc.). They're small, but well done.

If you go into a used bookshop, ask if they have a pamphlet guide to
Antiquarian & Second-hand Bookdealers.  I've got one here for NE England.
If you tell me the counties you're planning to visit, I'll post the names &
addresses.

Regards,

Cindy