Steamed Pudding Recipes - long (OOP) was Re: SC - Spotted Dic k/Spotted Dog

Thu Dec 7 10:28:52 PST 2000

The "frog's eggs" I'm used to are tapioca, and that is definitely not sago,
although they are both starches.

A quick check shows that there is a thing called "pearl sago," which is
probably what you are thinking of.

Sago also appears under the name "sabudana" or "saboodana" and is used in
Indian cookery in several different kinds of kheer.

Bear