SC - Re: US bars UK

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:46:51 PST 2000

>Because I'm an English-born New Zealander, American food is 'foreign' to
>me.
>At first I wanted to see if there was more to American cuisine than Cajun
>food (which I love) hotdogs (which I also love) and hamburgers (which I
>don't). Like I said, I got hooked on Buffalo Wings. :-)

English-born New Zealander?  Kewl!  I spent several months in living in
Auckland and hitching around the country way back in 1988-89.  I remember
some very interesting hamburger toppings, including shredded beetroot and
carrots.  Always preferred good fish & chips, though.  :)

Vicente
(savoring memories of the Shakespeare Pub, and the steamed kumara in
Waitangi)