SC - White pomegranates?

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Thu Dec 7 21:37:48 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 7 Dec 00, , that Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> Will a research maven do?  UC Davis has a leaflet on Growing Pomegranates in
> California <http://fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu/pomeg3.html> that mentions in
> passing:
>
> "Varieties:
[snip]
> In general, varieties having whitish or pinkish fruit are usually
> sweeter than the dark crimson varieties."

Thank you!  That's a start, and I've sent an email off to UC Davis to
ask if they have more information.

> None of them seem to be widely commercially available, but at least they do
> exist.

I don't need to obtain white pomegranates, only to know more
about them, and to understand why a recipe would specify white
pomegranates.

> Selene

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)