SC - US bars UK

Tina Nevin thorngrove at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 05:37:51 PST 2000

>Adamantius wrote:
>I can uncategorically say that there is more to American food than the
>above... (it's not yet time to announce the completion of my book on New
>York State foods, but rest assured that it would not have been possible
>to even attempt the project without there being a huge wealth of
>demonstrably and more or less exclusively American cuisine).

Great! Another book to look forward to.
BTW, my twin is now living in Hoboken, so when I visit her next year I
will have to get the names of some 'must-taste' restaurants off you.

>Is a sandwich bar like a salad bar for sandwiches? Essentially a cold
>buffet of breads and fillings, centering on things like sliced meats and
>saladish stuff? As far as I know, we don't have a lot of that in the
>States, <snip>

Actually it's about 50/50 - half are buffet style where you choose the
fillings yourself, and the other half only sell the already made up and
packaged.

Ciao
Lucrezia