SC - Re: US bars UK

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 8 13:28:20 PST 2000

Vicente wrote:
>We do, and that's why we keep trying to come up with new ways to
>showcase new foods and combinations.  Who else but Americans would
>come up with the idea of combining Chinese and Cuban/Dominican food?
>(Check out Bayamon in Greenwich Village, if they're still around)
>Fried rice and tostones!

Never ate there. Probably didn't exist when i was living in NYC in
parts of 1967, 68 and 69. In 1967 i went to a China-Cubana restaurant
in the Lower East Side/East Village with a Hungarian (who claimed to
be running guns behind the Iron Curtain, but while i had just turned
18 i was a bit skeptical). Not too glamorous. It was just an American
style lunch counter with that old style Chinese restaurant decor.
Served beans and rice.

Anahita al-shazhiyya