SC - Saffron

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Dec 8 22:41:14 PST 2000

> Saffron is worth buying quality.  I have ordered from Golden Gate at
> the above site, and have been immensely pleased.
> I may even try to be a distributor in the region part time if there
> is a market and money to make ;o)  I hope all this info helps.
>
> niccolo difrancesco

I have been the recipient of this wonderful stuff, niccolo gifted me with
a large tin of it for my elevation.  I have not had the chance to cook
with it yet, but am planning on a big batch of saffron rice for our
Baronial Christmas revel.  I was thinking of adding some orange flower
water to it, I guess I am being influenced by the wonderful color!
Anybody know of adding rosewater or orange flower water to saffron rice
recipes in period off the top of their heads?
Interestingly, I was using a set of Tarot cards tonight that a friend
gave me that are combined with an herbal - each card represents a plant
of some kind and the aspects of the plant are complimentary to the card -
ie - Strength is Cayenne - and stands for Power, Courage and Strength,
someone who is a "Mover".   Saffron is combined with the Three of Cups,
and since you use such a little bit of saffron, it signifies that the end
is in sight, there is just a little bit left to do, a few loose ends to
tie up.
Christianna