SC - White pomegranates?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 06:16:10 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/7/00 3:13:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

<< Does anyone on the list know anything about this particular
 variety?  I have verified in a web search that there are
 pomegranates so pale as to be called white, but I don't know how
 they compare to the red ones.

 Is there a fruit maven in the house?

 Lady Brighid ni Chiarain >>

Not a fruit maven but.....

On my trip to Wales, it seemed as if  even the tiniest grocewr had
pomegranates. All of these popegranates were a very pale color with no red in
the skin color at all. Being adventurous and never having seen these in my
little part of America, I bought one. The flavor very sweet, totally unlike
the red pomegranate which tends toward the  sourish side. I would say that
these were definitely what could be called 'white' pomegranates.

Ras