SC - Sauce for Sausage?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Sun Dec 10 15:23:57 PST 2000

> Oh, yeah, well, since i live at SCA Ground Zero (West, Mists, Mists),
> and i know several people who have been members since the SCA's very
> first year ("when rocks were soft"), you can believe me when i say
> that i have been requested NOT to cook armored turnips AGAIN.

Ah-ha! THAT'S where they are eating all the armored turnips!
I keep seeing people complain about too many armored turnips, and I've
never, ever seen them at a feast I've been to here in the East.
Adamantius, did the East get armored-turniped-out in the last decade or
somethin'?

BTW, what good period recipes for parsnips can people recommend? Are
buttered and spiced parsnips documentable? I just started cooking these
and have discovered that they are _delicious_ and would love to serve them
in an SCA context....
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"There's no use in talking when there's nobody listening, so we just ran
away..."