SC - Sekanjabin and others

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Dec 10 15:53:22 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Raoul

> As a side note the citrus syrups do need to be refrigerated, I left the
key
> lime one I made previously out and it became a science project.

This surprises me.  I make syrups (Sekanjabin, Lemon, Rose) on a regular
basis and I have made an Orange one too.  In none of these cases have I
needed to refrigerate the syrup.

> Additionally, while it seems obvious in hindsight, people probably
shouldn't
> drink these out of metal such as modern pewter.  I did so and the result
had
> an off flavor which was not present when drinking them out of a glass
container.

With this I can hardly disagree, but I find this is true for almost any
drink from anything metal at all.

Gwynydd