SC - Steamed Pudding Recipes - 2nd installment

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed Dec 13 11:03:43 PST 2000

>I'd bet money that the questionable ingredient in the Christmas Pudding:
>
><<2 tsp each of nutmeg, spice (pimento?), and cinnamon>>
>
>is what we call Allspice.

Hmm - did the recipe originally include the (pimiento?) part? If I saw
"spice" listed as an ingredient in a recipe like this, I´d reach for my jar
of "mixed spice" AKA "pudding spice", which is usually an ingredient in
Christmas pudding. Both commercial and homemade mixtures may vary but the
usual ingredients are cloves, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.

Nanna