SC - Fat Pig, Lean Pig

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Dec 13 21:27:30 PST 2000

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain asked:
> Regarding Spanish pig-rearing practices...  did I send a summary
> of Herrera's chapter on pigs to the list?  I could have sworn that I
> did...

Yes, you did. It's in the queue to get added to the livestock-msg file in
the Florilegium the next time that file is updated. Perhaps with all the
recent info given here on pigs that will not be too long in the future.

And yes, it implies more pigs were fat than skinny, or at least that some
were intentionally fattened.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net