SC - Syrup recipes please

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 14 21:21:56 PST 2000

Orlaith of Storvik asked:
> As a side note to this, could people please post the
> recipes for the various syrups they are talking about.
>  I know how to do Sekanjabin and a rose syrup but I
> would like to expand my flavors.

Check out this file in the BEVERAGES section of my Florilegium files:
jalabs-msg        (48K) 12/ 2/99    Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup
base such
                                       as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).

There are recipes for a number of variations of the Sekanjabin syrup as
well as a number of similar type sugar syrup beverages. Some of these
I'd like to try but either I can't figure out what some of the ingredients
are or where to get them. Master Cariadoc, for one, posted a whole bunch
of original recipes without redactions.

> The autocrat for our
> Yule revel has just asked me to make something for the
> event and our Baroness does not like mint.

For other non-alcoholic beverages you might also want to check these
files:
infusions-msg     (19K) 11/27/00    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.
beverages-NA-msg  (80K)  9/ 2/99    Non-alcoholic beverages.
kvass-msg         (71K)  6/20/00    Russian drink made from bread or grains.
  (Well, this one is slightly alcoholic.)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net