SC - Re: [Shire X] rabbit season/duck season/turkey season

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 16 23:54:21 PST 2000

>I can beat a 33 lb turkey with a 44 lb one, actually - 2 of them.

I've cooked a 42 lb turkey 8 or 9 years ago.  My youngest was at the store
with me and I remarked that 'This one weighs as much as you do!"  Big
mistake!  Nothing but that turkey would do.  It was special!  It was Just
Her Size!  But I said no, and moved on.  Then, it turns out that store was
charging less per lb. for the really huge birds than for the more reasonably
sized, so it would cost about the same as a 25 lb bird.  When I put it in
the cart with her, she hugged the thing she was so happy.

Bonne