SC - SCA-Cooks traffic

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 17 11:55:40 PST 2000

> > Olwen, who is trying to figure out how to deal with several hundred
> > emails....slow down guys!
>
>You might want to consider switching to the digest form. Some folks find
>a high volume of messages easier to handle that way.
>
>THLord  Stefan li Rous

Or, train yourself not to read everything.  Most days the first thing I do
when I open the mailbox is read a few posts in threads I know haven't been
of interest to me yet and if it still isn't, delete the whole bunch.  If it
is a really popular thread, after a few days I'll set up a filter to dump it
in the trash instead of my sca-cooks folder.  The way things mutate I often
need 3 or 4 filters to really weed out a topic. but it's the only way I can
keep my mailbox from overflowing and e-mail reading from taking over my
life.  It's hard, since I know even the goofiest joking thread can reverse
itself into a useful one again.  I figure if anything truly useful comes up,
it will end up in the Florilegium and my life will not come to an end if I
don't read it here first.

I am also trying to make myself to look for messages from Papa that might be
telling us to cut it out already and delete the related thread(s).  Some
days, that alone can cut the volume in half.

Bonne