SC - Re: [Shire X] rabbit season/duck season/turkey season

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Sun Dec 17 19:46:45 PST 2000

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:54:21 -0800 "Bonne of Traquair"
<oftraquair at hotmail.com> writes:
>>I can beat a 33 lb turkey with a 44 lb one, actually - 2 of them.
>
>I've cooked a 42 lb turkey 8 or 9 years ago.  My youngest was at the
>store with me and I remarked that 'This one weighs as much as you do!"
>Big mistake!  Nothing but that turkey would do.  It was special!  It was

>Just Her Size!  But I said no, and moved on.  Then, it turns out that
store
>was charging less per lb. for the really huge birds than for the more
>reasonably sized, so it would cost about the same as a 25 lb bird.  When
>I put it in the cart with her, she hugged the thing she was so happy.
>
>Bonne

Hummm... 42 lbs is still smaller than the largest one I have seen.

Many years ago when I went home for Thanksgiving, my mother had a 52 lb
turkey.
She cooked it in the largest roasting pan she had and it still hung over
the sides.

We ended up cutting the thing in half and freezing a whole half for the
following X-mas.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com