SC - SCA Food Fantasy

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Dec 18 21:39:56 PST 2000

Well, I just got finished watching it.  It wasn't terrible, but I just
have to ask, if these folks are in the SCA, why did they have to get
FoodTV to put on a feast for them?  Were they just looking to be pampered
for the day in a cool setting?  The food looked yummy, kindof a Victorian
impression of what medieval food must have been like, with an
Italian-named French chef's interpretation of his normal haute cuisine
with that 'kooky medieval flair'.    I had been prepared to laugh off the
whole thing, but the fact that the folks with the fantasy are in the SCA
really threw me.  The music and staged sword blows notwithstanding, they
looked like they were putting on a demo.
Ah well, I'm sure they had fun.
Christianna
PS - Adamantius, don't feel too bad.  When we had something similar come
up many years ago, I offered recipes to the chef in charge, and the word
we got back was  "Don't bother, I'm not cooking peacock tongues!".