SC - FoodTV

Gwendolen Lambert LdyM at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 19 05:27:38 PST 2000

For those of you that feel it is their obligation to criticize fellow
members of the SCA with respect to the Food Fantasy segment, please learn
your facts before passing your judgment on these gentles.

To set the record straight, it was the program that contacted the SCA, not
the other way around.  They wanted to have some extras in their "finest
medeival clothing" to add to the flavor (pardon the pun) of the show, which
was set around the medieval theme.  The site, Tarrytown Castle in New York,
was chosen by the program; the menu was chosen by the chef in charge based
on his idea of what was served in medieval times.  The SCA had nothing to
do with the planning of the show, the preparation of the food (or what was
served), or the editing.  The sum of the involvement of these gentles was
to show up in finest garb, look pretty for the camera, eat the food and act
like it was the most delicious thing they ever tasted.

Lady Estrella de los Confinos of the Canton of Whispering Pines, Barony of
Carillion, was asked to attend and to gather other fellow SCAdians to
appear on the show.  Because it was in the middle of the work week, it was
a little difficult, but she came through for the show and found some
willing people to participate.

So, for those of you that want to find fault in other gentles, I humbly ask
that you please keep in mind that some of us on this list do NOT have your
expertise and are here to learn.  I am one of those people.  I don't post
much because I'm not as well versed in the origins of food/drink as the
regular posters here.  I hope to continue to gain from your knowledge in
the hopes that one day, I, too will be able to pass it on to newcomers
interested in period foods, and my goal will be to always do so with
courtesy and kindess.

Lady Gwendolen Lambert, Seneschal
Canton of Forestgate, East Kingdom