SC - cold drinks

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 11:15:24 PST 2000

Hi,
Yes,I've heard about the iced tea thing too. My
grandma (who was an aussie) used to say that americans
were crazy when it came to tea. "You make it hot, then
you ice it down. You add sugar to sweeten it and lemon
to make it sour, and sometimes throw some mint in just
because. You're nuts" She was never shy about speaking
her mind. I never saw iced tea in germany except
during the summer at the american military places.
Soft drinks in the places we went to (not american)
were usually served cool, not ice cold. You could get
them on ice if you wished, but I usually didn't. they
were cool enough for me. You could ask for ice, but
the water tasted nasty( it wouldnt hurt you, just
definately had a taste to it), so why would you want
the ice in your drink?
 I drank alot of wine while we were there, because it
was usually cheaper or the same price as soda, and I
dont like beer. (Gasp! Not even german beer)But it's
just one of thsoe little cultural differences that
make it interesting to travel.
Nisha

 Oh? No ice in the cola? I've heard that it is
difficult to get iced
tea
> in England. Any comments from those who are there or
have visited?
So,
> is putting ice chunks or cubes in beverages not done
in Europe? What
> about cooling beverages in general? Is beer served
cold?