SC - fleece cleaning

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 21 12:49:40 PST 2000

I've been advised that you shampoo the fur side with baby shampoo, let
it dry, then rub lots of mink oil or other conditioner into the skin
side.

Olwen enquires:

 >Speaking of sheep...and on food topic...I have a lamb leg quarter to
prepare
> for household 12th night on the 30th.  Anyone have a good recipe?

Poke slits in the lamb with a knife, insert cloves of garlic cut in half
lengthwise, and equal-sized chunks of candied ginger.  Marinate and
baste with cheap nasty red jug wine, nothing you'd drink, you want the
extra acid content for tenderizing.  Roast until done, usual way.  We
have served this at the last several large feasts we've done and it's
always a hit.

Selene