SC - OOP - OT - Professional chef apprenticeships?

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 23 06:47:36 PST 2000

www.acfchefs.org

three year apprenticeships (6,000 hours) with 192 classroom hours on top.

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> The American Culinary Federation offers apprenticeships for chefs atlocal restaurants and hotels.  I graduated from the program in 1984.
There is at least one other member of this list that also went through
the program.  I am in favor of the apprenticeship approach vs.  the
culinary school route.  I think the learning on the job aspect, along
with the paycheck, is the absolute best way to prepare someone for the
real world.
I know the acf is on-line, they are headquartered in St. Augustine, FL.
Mistress Christianna MacGrain

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:34:50 "Vincent Cuenca"
writes:
> Does anyone know anything about a professional apprenticeship program
> for
> chefs?  I remember reading about it years ago when I was considering
> culinary career, but I can't seem to find anything now.  My
> fiancee's cousin
> is considering becoming a chef, but he doesn't do well in an
> academic
> environment.  An apprenticeship would be perfect for him.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vicente
> SCA-Cooks".

===