SC - Treacle Well?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 27 09:20:30 PST 2000

Since the word "treacle" originally related to a healing substance, this is
probably a well whose waters are considered to have healing properties, naturally
[mineral content] or supernaturally [spirits or saints].  Minerals that make the
water "stinky" may also be very good for the body.  Just a guess, your mileage
may vary, etc.

Selene