SC - Re: Lurkers

Lynn Remeika rohanna1 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:26:38 PST 2000

<raises hand timidly>

Roanna (called Rowan, long story) de Laci, here.  Been lurking for several
months, BECAUSE:

When I first subscribed, I thought I was pretty good at this medieval
cooking thing.  After all, I had His Grace's recipes, got my Mom hooked on
cheese tarts, no doubt about it, I was a 'hot spit jockey'.

Then I started reading the messages, and the redactions and the
translations, and figured out (within the first 24 hours!) I knew BUPKIS.

So I saved digests, copied out recipes, practiced, practiced, practiced,
girded up my loins (so to speak) and joined the local cooks guild (Bright
Hills - Hi, Olwen!), and am still practicing.

Plus, I'm still sorta in awe about the depth of knowledge that gets sloshed
around here.  And way too proud to parade the breadth of my ignorance.
(Except I just sort of did that, didn't I?  Oh, well...)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Rowan

P.S.  Belated thanks to Ras & Elysant for getting married, and to Lady
Phillipa Seton for posting her menu for their reception.  I used your Pommes
Moilles as my entree dish at my first Cooks' Guild meeting - typed it out,
gave you (and the list) credit, listed what I did differently from the
original redaction and what I would do differently next time.  See what I've
learned from you folks?

Ro