SC - fire safety at Pennsic and elsewhere

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 30 23:38:07 PST 2000

Greetings Folks,

I have just finished putting Baron Durr's "Guide to Safe Fire Use" in the
Florilegium. While I have had a copy without pictures there for some time,
this new copy now has all the pictures. It can take a little while to load
all the pictures, but I think it is worth it. I believe a number of these
were done by Master William Blackfox. Since the graphics download is generally
overlapped with your reading, you usually don't have to wait for the pictures.

Fire-Book-art   (2043K)  7/29/96    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/Fire-Book/Fire-Book-art.html

In case you can't download the one with the pictures or don't want to wait
the extra few minutes, the old version is still there, too.
Fire-Book-no-pics (23K)  1/12/96    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use. (with
                                       pictures removed for easy file transfer.)
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/Fire-Book-no-pics.html

Even though I have been dealing with outdoor fires for 32 years, since I
joined the Boy Scouts, there were several things that were new to me in
Baron Durr's article.

*Please* read it and encourage others to also do so, so that we can have
a safe camp at the upcoming Pennsic. If you think "Folks wouldn't do
stupid things in the SCA with fire", check some of Baron Durr's fire
reports from previous Pennsics, a few of which are also in this section.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net