SC - Kitchen Authorization

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Sun Dec 3 11:51:53 PST 2000

> > I wish our Kingdom page program would have such a class component,
> > but since my class on herbs was described as 'sissy' by the local
> > pagemistress, I'm not up to trying. I did do a class on making
> > mustards for another page group in the kingdom and they liked it.
> > Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
>
> Sissy, huh?  Was that her opinion, or that of the kids?

Hard to tell. Afterward, I talked to the kids (I was concerned that they
had sat through a class they hadn't enjoyed, and I wanted them to know
that they were free to leave a class if they weren't enjoying it)-- and
they all told me they had made a point of staying because it was
interesting. *shrug*

> I had quite a
> bit of luck with  an herb class for boy scouts and weebelos, and they did
> not think it was sissy, they had fun.  (Maybe the fact that I had brought
> my new puppy along had something to do with it, but I also had fresh
> plants for them to look at, and they really liked that!)

I let them taste candied ginger. Those who did, provided amusement for
those who didn't! Grating nutmeg and grinding mustard have been very
popular-- especially with the 150 kids from the girl scout camp I did an
herb demo for. I had kids who I thought I could not reach (they were
restless and ill-behaved) crowding round me after the first session asking
questions and begging for more tastes of cinnamon bark.  One young man who
was very enthusiastic and helped clean up after my last session turned out
to be a kid who had been sent home the previous week for bad behavior.
- ----
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker