Sour Cabbage Soup (was Re: SC - pierogys)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Dec 3 18:04:12 PST 2000

Jenne Heise wrote:

> Hm. The fermenting of milk is something we usually think of in connection
> with nomads, and Transylvania had several waves of nomads. What's the name
> of the cookbook? I think my Magyar-persona friend Istvan might be
> interested.

Amazon (which I looked at because I couldn't find the book) says it is
called

> Paul Kovi's Transylvanian Cuisine : A Chronicle of the
>                                          Most Remarkable Middle-European Cuisine
>                                          by Paul Kovi

However, upon actually finding the book I.Q., its cover reads, "Paul
Kovi's _Transylvanian Cuisine_: History, gastronomy, legend and lore
from Middle Europe's most remarkable region".

Amazon sez the book above (theirs, not mine) is out of print, so I can't
even tell if the two are supposed to be the same book. Possibly a second
edition by another publisher or something?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com