SC - Help! Cabbage! Cakes!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Dec 4 06:20:32 PST 2000

It seems to me that there are times when we have to use conjecture in our work.
I believe that even when we figure out how much of what to add because the
recipe doesn't specify a quantity, we are doing this.  And often, there are
things that we have to to simply to make a recipe work at all...like when I made
some fruit and nut balls that were fried for an event.  The original recipe said
nothing about anything that would hold the balls together, so I added egg
whites, in a minimal quantity.  They served the purpose of holding the balls
together, they were tasteless and were something that was used for that purpose
in period.