SC - regional american food

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 13:29:43 PST 2000

Speaking of regional food, if you are ever in new
orleans, you HAVE to have a muffeleta. They are
wonderful! AN italian deritative I believe. Several
kinds of good cold cuts, and at elast 2 kinds of
cheese, a relish type stuff made out of olives and
spices, and an oily vinegrete type of dressing that
goes over the whole thing. They aren't really cajun,
but htey are definately part of any trip to the french
quarter. (right up there with begniets and chicory
coffee at cafe du Monde)
But if anyone is going to be going to new orleans, let
me know, I have a very good friend who lives there and
I can get a good list of not too expensive locally
known places to eat while you are there. If you like
middle eastern food, you have to go to MOnas! Best
hummous I've ever had.
Nisha