SC - White pomegranates?

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Dec 10 07:18:21 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 10 Dec 00, , that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> The flavor very sweet, totally unlike
> the red pomegranate which tends toward the  sourish side. I would say that
> these were definitely what could be called 'white' pomegranates.

Thank you.  It's very helpful to have a first-hand account of what
they're like.

>From what I've read, the red pomegranates that are sold in U.S.
markets are of varieties that are considered sweet.  The sour
cultivars are reserved for making pomegranate syrup and other
such products.  If what you ate was sweeter than a red
pomegranate, then that tells me a lot about white pomegranates.
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net