SC - Sekanjabin and others

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Dec 12 15:06:59 PST 2000

> I made it according to the recipe, volume for volume sugar to juice.  Thus
> for every cup of juice a cup of sugar.  I dissolved the sugar in the juice
> heated it until it was steaming and the syrup had cleared and decanted it
> into the bottles.

That would be the trouble, then. You see, when it says, "cook it down
until it takes the consistency of a syrup", you need to boil the stuff
until it thickens, which usually happens when at least 1/4 of the liquid
has boiled away. If you only heated it until it was steaming, rather than
cooking it down, that would be why the proportion of sugar to liquid
wasn't high enough.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on. " - Sir Winston Churchill