SC - Re: Persian lemons

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 17 21:05:18 PST 2000

Bonne commented on some sweet lemons in her local store:
> The lack of tartness makes them wrong for the reasons we buy lemons (iced
> tea garnish or tahini ingredient.)  I thought they might be good as lemon
> cake flavoring, or lemon pie.  And I was going to try making syrup also so
> let me know how that goes, Selene.

Why wouldn't these work in something like tea? Don't most folks put this
sour lemon in their tea and then add sugar? It would seem that a sweet
lemon would give you the lemon taste but reduce or eliminate the need
to add more sugar.

As mentioned in another message, I like adding lime juice, Key Lime juice
or bitter orange juice to my cola. This "sweet: lemon sounds like it
would be good for that as well.

When making syrup of the juice, you would be adding a lot of sugar to
the juice, right? In that case, would there really be any differance
between using the sweet or sour lemons, other than the cost?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net