SC - small brag

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Dec 18 23:32:08 PST 2000

 Vicente said:
> This past Saturday was our local Winter Court event here in the Barony of
> Three Rivers, Calontir (mka St. Louis, MO).  Among other contests, there was
> one for period non-alcoholic drinks.  I entered my redaction for "clarea de
> agua" (water clary) from De Nola... and won.

Would you please post the recipe and your translation/redaction here? There
are few enough period beverages which don't contain a lot of sugar. I'd
love to have more. Or if the material you put together for your contest
entry is complete enough, it might make a good stand-alone article for
the Florilegium. I'm not even quite sure what a "clary" is, so I probably
don't have much material on this type of drink in the Florilegium.

Thanks.
   Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net