SC - What would you do?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 12:36:11 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/27/2000 11:05:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

<< But I get the impression that most groups object violently to having
 someone from outside the group cook a feast. >>

Well, we've done it before (Ras cooked a feast for us a few years ago), but
it can be a little difficult if the local cooks feel like they are being
passed over when they want to cook the feast...In our case, we needed someone
with an expertise in Middle Eastern food, which none of us locally have.  Ras
was the logical choice:-)  And he delegated much of the actual cooking to a
shire member so she could learn more about it.  It seemed to work out well
for both sides.  But there was a rumor going around that my husband and I
were upset about Ras being asked to cook, we being the most active cooks in
the shire at the time.  Ras and I had a private discussion about it, as he
was afraid he was stepping on our toes.  In this case, apparently someone was
assuming that we felt slighted and never bothered to find out from us if we
actually did!

Brangwayna Morgan