SC - no longer Re: Taillevent bio

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 12:46:49 PST 2000

> > > Hmmm. ok. So who was Pamela Digby Churchill Harriman, other than the
> > > daughter of Sir Kinelm Digby?
> >
> > A social climbing butterfly who married politicians and patricians for a
> > hobby. Churchill was Randolph Churchill, Winston's son. And Averill
> > Harriman was an ambassador to the Court of St. James.
>
>Wait, you've got me all confoozelated. You're not suggesting that the
>daughter of Kenelm Digby, presumably born sometime in or near the
>mid-17th century, was married to the son of Winston Churchill,
>presumably born in the late 19th-early 20th century, are you? I know
>some of these ladies wore a lot of makeup and were very well preserved
>(and Winston Churchill had a reputation for being positively pickled at
>times) but this seems a little extreme...
>
>Adamantius
>--
>Phil & Susan Troy

sorry, I wrote my original post too quickly. I like finding references to
modern descendents of 'names' in 'period' so what was interesting about the
factoid to me was tjat the Digby family was 1) still around and 2) still
naming sons 'Kenelm' as late as the 1800's, when the 11th baron was born, 3)
still holding the baronetcy in this century when she was born.

Bonnw