SC - green onions and stuffed eggs questions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 1 23:14:52 PST 2000

- -----Original Message-----
From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>

>Brian Songy wrote:
>>
>> P.S.  -  Yoo Hoo!!!  As of 1 Jan, I've been in the SCA for more than a
year!!  Yipee!!!   Does this mean I'm no longer a newbie?!?!?! (Sorry, I had
to tell someone.)

>I'm in my eighteenth year in the Society, and the longer I stick around,
>the more firmly I am convinced I'm still a newbie.
>
>Adamantius

If you really want to be a 'newbie' (I really hate that word - it's so
demeaning), try reenacting a completely different century or culture! We do
this every couple of years, and boy! do our eyes get opened - there is so
much we didn't know, so much more books that needed to be bought, and heaps
of stuff to research and make - after 15 years reenacting, and 21 for my
husband, it really helps to keep us from getting stale and/or egotistical.
Glenda.